Hi,
I'm using Confluence Cloud and I am trying to display a pdf using the viewpdf macro (documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/pdf-macro-724765266.html) on a file that is attached to the same page.
The macro doesn't list the name of the file. Manually entering the macro also doesn't help.
{viewpdf:Colors.pdf}
Any ideas what's wrong?
Appreciate your help.
Hello Shlomi,
Thank you for contacting us.
I am attempting to test this myself on my Cloud instance, but it seems to be working for me. Can you tell me if you have this issue with any PDF file and on all pages? Have you been able to test this with the new editing experience?
Regards,
Shannon
Hi Shannon,
I have the exact same problem.
I have checked with a few PDF files and also with the excel and powerpoint view macros and none of them show any files in the drop-down list. I have tried this both with and without specifying the page where the attachments are located.
This behaviour happens with the new editing experience.
Best regards,
Julian
Hello Julian,
Welcome to Atlassian Community, and thank you for joining this conversation!
There is a bug for both the PDF macro and the Office macros where they are not able to fetch the attachments on the new editing experience:
In Shlomi's example, he's using the wiki markup for the old editor in order to reference the attachment. It is not possible to reference macros in the new editor using the curly bracket. For this reason, I did not think he was using the new editing experience.
If you can confirm this problem is only with the new editing experience and not the old experience, then I can confirm you have run into the bugs above. Please click This affects my team and you will automatically be added to the list of watchers and receive updates on the bugs.
I hope that's clear, but do let me know if you have any questions about that.
Thanks Shanonn,
I wasn't aware that the curly brackets are not relevant in the new editor. thanks for clarifying this.
Indeed, I am using the new editor, so I will track the bugs you mentioned.
Shlomi.
I am seeing PDF and PPT macro issue atm. It worked on one page but now it fails on all
Alexandra,
Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's great to have you join us.
Could you elaborate on the issue you're seeing with PPT/PDF files? Is it the exact same issue here as in CONFCLOUD-67859? In that case, the issue is when the user clicks Insert, nothing happens.
If you are experiencing any other behavior, you can raise a new question here, or a ticket with Cloud Support if you are not on a free Cloud plan.
Hi Shanon, I don't get to press Insert for these macros as it's greyed out. Even if my file is attached to the page, the file drop-down has no files to select from, so looks like the macro is not retrieving the attachments?
In that case, you're likely being affected by one of the first bugs I sent in this thread:
When testing this, the only workaround I discovered was by dragging-and dropping the PDF onto the page, you can preview the PDF by clicking on the macro below:
Can you confirm if you're able to preview PDF attachments this way?
Greetings all - I've had this issue as well. I'd like to ask if the pages you have issues with this on have a colon in the page title. I've noticed that pages that have a ":" in the page title, the PDF macro will not show the list of attachments. Once you remove the colon, it works fine.
Hi Stephen, neither of our pages has a colon in the title.
My Page title had a ':' in it and you're right - just changed the page title and it worked
Is this still a known bug? The PDF macros will show me the list of attachments from a page, but nothing happens when I click "Insert".
Hello Teri,
Thank you for following-up here. You'll be able to see the status of the bug when you visit the link provided above.
For example, the following bugs:
Both of these are still in the initial stages, one during the data collection stage, and the other has been added to our short-term backlog.
I recommend clicking This affects my team to help us keep track of how many users are affected by these bugs. You can also watch the case and you'll receive updates via email.
Let me know if you have any questions about that.
Same problem and solution here - in 2021 and with Confluence Server 7.4.7... :-(
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.