We recently moved to the cloud version of confluence and I no longer have the code block macro in my list of macros to add? Please help.
Hello Maureen,
Thank you for contacting us! In the new editor, if you type /code you should be able to find it:
If you're still on the old editor, then {code should still work, and you'll find it under Code Block Macro.
Can you give that a try and let me know how it goes?
Regards,
Shannon
Shannon,
Thanks for that info. However now the concern is I don't have access to format like I did in the old editor? I can't make it collapsible or choose the background like in the old editor.
Right now I'm copying pages created in the old editor and changing the information as needed but at least it gives me the old code block macro.
Is there a way to choose when adding a page whether to use the new or old editor?
I agree Maureen, Code snippet seems to have much less functionality than the old Code Block Macro.
Why is this Atlassian? How do I get the old Code Block functionality where I could add a title, turn numbering on and off, make it collapsible etc?
@Maureen Yearwood, @JP,
The macro is being rewritten for the new editor, and so this would explain the missing functionality.
My colleague raised a feature request to include that customization that was once possible:
I would recommend that you both vote on the feature request and comment with the features you want to see the most. As always, you can join in on the public discussion about the new editor, where you can even speak to the Product Manager regarding this.
Let me know if you have any trouble.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.