I have duplication of customers in the customers portion of service desk. I put people in groups base on department. Once they are in the departments they are then moving outside the groups into the field below the groups and population in both the group and the outside of it. How can I stop this from happening?
Hi @Aaron Geister
When you say you added the customer yo a group and they are populating the group and outside of it.
Do you mean you are adding customers to organization ? If yes then the described is the expected behavior.
If not then can you help clarify (if possible with screen shots what you are trying to achieve.
Ismael,
Yes I mean adding them to organizations. I have add organization to be close to our AD OU's until we finish connecting AD to our cloud instance of Jira service desk.
They are being added to the respective organization but then populating outside of that at odd times. I wish them to stay in there to keep things organized and people in specific groups/ organizations.
Also when they are population outside of the respective organization it is making a second instance of that customer. Which has also stopped them from seeing their queues in the requests tab in the top right corner of the portal by their profile.
If we add the Active Directory sync will this stop that from happening?
I do not have a clear understanding of how you configured your settings especially with the saying: "I have add organization to be close to our AD OU's until we finish connecting AD to our cloud instance of Jira service desk.".
If you are adding users to organisations in JIRA Service Desk,
you simply create the users and then go to the Customers page in each project and add the users to the organisation.
As for configuring/syncing users from your AD, it is important that the user have the same username(note that the user does not inherit the groups and permissions from the AD and since these are just customers, not having them in any group should work fine.)
If the username is the same irrespective of which directory is in the first position then your users should see their tickets correctly(JIRA should assume it is the same user).
If the username is different then it is possible for JIRA not to create a duplicate user and you would then need to first fix this problem(you can confirm this by checking your database to see if there are duplicate users in the cwd_user and app_user tables). Cleaning this would require knowledge of the JIRA database structure to fix the problem in all tables that may have mapped the user differently so you can fix this.
Will synchronising the directory fix the issue?
I cannot say because I do not know why you already have duplicate users, especially if 1 set is coming from your AD.
My advise is confirm if you have a problem with duplicate users first (get the directory of each user as well).
Based on the above, we could explore how to fix the issue because we may be able to bulk move tickets from one account to the other.
Cheers.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.