Hopefully someone has tripped over this and has a neat solution, I've been spending an inordinate amount of time reading through forums and posts and have not found anything.
My team and I create an Internal Release Notes document for each version release (I have created a template). However, we create these at the beginning of a release cycle, at the end of which there could be more or less issues (bug fixes for that release, etc.)
I've been trying to template this so that if the creator types in some variables (project ID, fixVersion) then the Jira Issues Macros would populate using pre-set queries needing just those variables. Having this work would be great, because I can also display particular fields in the table on top of the dynamic nature of this macro.
However, this does not seem to be a thing that is possible. I've even looked at addons but have not found anything that will do this for me.
Closest I've gotten is by pre-writing the query and then injecting it with wiki mark-up, but even that does not always work and requires manual intervention. Example: jiraissues:jqlQuery=project=
and fixVersion=
and affectedVersion is EMPTY|columns=Epic Link;Key;Type;Summary;QA Summary;Status;Labels;Linked Issues;Affected Department(s)|title=Stories|cache=off
Has anyone tried to do this and succeeded? I'll take anything short of writing a macro myself - I'm just not at the point to be able to do that quickly without significant help or time (or both). Additional blocker - we are on Confluence Cloud.