Is there a way to disable access to "Import Issues from CSV "available from the Issue Menu drop down
Or Is there a permission that enables/disabled this funtion so that it disabled from the Issue Menu.
Thanks
Showkat
It's only available to Admin users.
Is Admin users - referring to only atlassian admin users
Users with admin rights. Some of your users will have "Jira admin" rights
System admins can do it to, but if you're using Cloud/OnDemand, you won't have those rights.
Thanks for the feedback Nic.
I'm seeing this option available to users that don't have admin rights, but are members of the Service Desk Team role. Am I missing something?
Import issues from CSV is available to regular users. How can I disable it? The question here is still unanswered.
Thanks,George
The ability to enable/disable the functions that provide is only available to administrators (which you don't have on Cloud). My last answer was spectacularly unclear on that! Sorry!
There is no permission controlling this function at a lower level either, other than the "must be able to create issue".
Hey Nic, thanks for clarifying.
I am administrator tho on my own instance. Still I have not found a way to disable that feature for regular users. Is there any?
Hmm, on the older versions, you could disable the system addon that provides it. But that does kill it for all users, completely.
Alright. I was afraid so. I will try to figure something out and post here when I find a solution.
There is no way to disable this specific feature from within JIRA. An issue has been submitted to Atlassian to add such an option:https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JIM-1414
Unfortunately the average reaction time to tickets by Atlassian is at about 6 years or so.
Other options you have:
Best regards,George
https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=731119858
Thx Frédéric!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.