It appears that my Post Function rule in the workflow is not working because the status transition was not manually done from Jira. Automatic transition is configured as well in the workflow via Triggers.
I have a Post Function on a transition to assign to a custom field after user transitions issue from Jira. This is working if done manually in Jira.
On the same workflow transition, I added a Trigger to transition the issue when an action is made from Bitbucket.
The problem is that the Developer custom field is not being filled in when the transition is done via Bitbucket or Bamboo (for deployments).
Per issue history, the action was done by automation.
I want to be able to fill in the Developer field with the user value who did the action from Bitbucket or Bamboo. Is this possible?
Note that the Jira/Bitbucket/Bamboo integration is setup and working.
Thank you.