Hi,
I have installed Jira software and Jira service desk on one server, then Confluence in another. I also have configured a reverse-proxy( Apache mod_proxy) that redirects to one or the other server using the Context path "/jira" and "/confluence" from the CNAME defined on my DNS. Now I would like to configure Confluence to use Jira for user management. I am following this guide, https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/connecting-to-crowd-or-jira-for-user-management-229838465.html (case without setup wizard), I have correctly executed point 1, but I can't go on with point 2 (Set up the Jira user directory in Confluence): entering only the required fields (Name, server URL, Application Name and Application Password) and executing the test try, I get this exception:
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException: Forbidden (403)
In the guide, there is no reference to settings to be inserted in the case of a reverse proxy, although there are in the form to be filled to complete the configuration: proxy host, proxy port, proxy username (???????), proxy passwd(?????). In particular, for the last two parameters, I have followed the procedure to configuring the Apache mod_proxy and nowhere have I found references to creating a proxy account. Comparing with the similar procedure to be performed through the Setup Wizard, I doubt whether I should enter the credentials of the Jira admin account in the username and password fields of the proxy.
Any suggestions to give me to complete this step?
Thank you