I recently moved many of our "classic" projects to the "next-generation" projects and am now noticing that tasks/issues/stories that are assigned to an epic, are not showing in the backlog, but rather, only the epics are. I have many epics that are larger than one single sprint, and would like to only pull certain issues into a given sprint, rather than the entire epic; however, it's only given me the option to pull the epic into the sprint.
To clarify, I am using a filter to view ALL issues from ALL projects in Jira. I can view the issues on the project specific backlog, but not in my filter. I view them this way, because I have a pool of devs that are not dedicated to a single project, and it's nice to be able to view all the tasks I need done from multiple projects within a given sprint, rather than at the project specific level.
I don't believe it's a query issue, as other tasks from other projects are showing; the only differentiator here is that tasks within an epic do not show.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.