Hi,
I am fiddling a bit with Automation for JIRA and I have a use case I can't seem to find the right solution for.
Use case: I have a custom field on my issue (drop-down list) and I want to create a new issue whenever this value is changed. Trick is that depending on the new value, I would like to create this new issue in different projects (of course I do have the custom field values mapped to appropriate projects). So whenever let's say someone edits an issue and selects custom field value "AAA", I want to create a new issue in project with a key "AAA" and so on.
Challenge - when I am building an automation rule and adding a "create issue" component, I can only select "Same project", "Same as trigger" or a specific project - I cannot calculate a value. Can I set any project and then manipulate it in "Additional fields"?
Is there a way around this?
PS - for now I have 5-6 values of the custom field, so worst case I can simply do if / else-if and for that amount it will work, but when I get to 20-30 values, it will get... cumbersome 