Hi all. We use the backlog view to have an overview of the upcoming sprints and to handle people's current and upcoming time allocations. Currently, when I split a task into subtasks, I cannot see the cumulative estimated time of those subtasks, nor do those times appear to be calculated in the overall sprint time estimation calculation. This is disingenuous, as we cannot at a glance see what our work estimates are.
I can open up the task in detail view, and there I see the time breakdown no problem. But our upper management does not use that functionality for their planning, and our regular team members want to use subtasks to split their work. I need to find a way to make these both work together.
I have managed a small workaround via adding the estimates into the card layouts, but as these times dont appear to be tracked, the times arent in the overall sprint calculation. Is there any way I can change this?