I'm looking to export a list of components from a classic Jira project into a spreadsheet showing the lead component lead
Hello Nancy,
Currently, it's not possible to export components to CSV. We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-68842Please, click on vote and watch in order to hear about updates on the development cycle.
Regards,Angélica
Dear Atlassian Team,
This functionality would be great to have!
I vote we get this implemented ASAP. (Another suggestion from me is to allow public users to vote here, so i'm commenting to do so) How do you further "gather interest" in that workflow of the ticket above? Thanks and have a good one.
I agree and think this functionality will really help. I am working on a project where we are integrating Aha! and Jira. On Aha! side, I need to provide a list of components from my Project to the Aha! admin to complete the integration. I have no way to export and we have 100s of component in the Project. Any other ideas or workaround?
I had the same need.
My quick and dirty method:
Good to go.
Hi! This is only for Cloud? I need to export the components in a project. I have Jira Core Server. Thanks!
Quick&dirty, if you cut&paste the entire table from the browser to Excel, the result is pretty good...
This question is a little old, but I found it when I needed the answer to the same question. One of my users needed a list of components in a project that had over 600, so copying, pasting and reformatting was going to be a time-consuming task. I went looking for another way, and what I found is actually relatively simple, but does require a few steps (and Excel).
These instructions for for Jira Cloud, but should work for on-prem as well, you will just need to modify the URL.
Hey Brandon! Thanks for taking the time to document these steps! This has helped one our teams to dump out a list of their 100+ components.
This answer was extremely helpful.
This worked great Brandon, thank you! Do you know if there is a way to include the # of issues with that component? It's shown on the components page, but when I kept all columns when doing "To Table", it wasn't included.
Better Excel Exporter for Jira comes with a dedicated Excel export template to export Jira Cloud (or Data Center/Server) projects to a spreadsheet including the Components.
This tutorial article details how you can generate a Jira Cloud project export.
The exported Excel spreadsheet contains details like:
(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)
im speechless at how well this worked. Thanks!
Hi @Brandon Fish !
This has been very helpful!
Thank you so much for always sharing your knowledge.
Top!
Marta
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.