Is JIRA Software HIPAA compliant? I am reading online that the server desktop product is but not the cloud based. Is this true?
@zubair.magdum - thats correct, currently cloud software is not hipaa compliant but Atlassian is on the way to compliance. It is recommended to have a locked down server and use server software if you need to maintain hipaa compliance. I'm excited for cloud to be compliant, its in the works!
See here - https://www.atlassian.com/trust/roadmap?tab=compliance
Do you happen to know rough time frame for the Jira Cloud HIPAA compliance road map task? We are trying to determine if we need to move to the server based Jira application.
What is the status of becoming HIPPA Compliant?
Also looking for an update as we would like to expand our use of Jira and this prevents us from doing so.
Be careful, all. Jira is moving toward HIPAA compliance for software and confluence only at this point. Service desk is not on the current road map.
Where you do see HIPPA compliant on their roadmap?
Q1 2022
Hi @Filiberto Selvas (OOO Jan 16 - Feb 9) I'm considering recommending JSM Cloud for a new to Atlassian healthcare account in Q1 2022. How confident are you the BAA is set for Feb.?
Hi Jason, we will NOT be ready to sign BAAs for JSM in February
For February we are aiming to sign BAAs for JSW and Confluence only
I do hope early next year we can publish a timeline for JSM though
Excellent! That works, I'll make the necessary updates. Also looking forward to JSM Portal SSO next year, some big upgrades on the way!
We would love to have a timeline for JSM early next year!!! Thank you
Brooklyn
I am posting this update on a few threads to ensure customers that have expressed interest get to see it:
Yesterday we announced that Atlassian is ready to sign BAA agreements for compliance with the HIPAA law provisions for the Enterprise Plan version of JSW and Confluence. More information here: https://www.atlassian.com/trust/compliance/resources/hipaa
We will soon update our public roadmap to include a timeline for JSM HIPAA as well, ETA is at the end of calendar year 2022.
Please let me know of any questions
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.