If using JIRA cloud to manage users, can that be synchronized to an on premise Crowd instance?
I believe no. I am also interested in this functionality and researched it for past days.
The limitations of the Cloud version dictate that External User Management is not possible:https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/restricted-functions-in-jira-cloud-applications-776636921.html
[EDIT] Adding more detailed info to the answer:
Restricted function
Configurable on request?
Notes
General Configuration
No
I have chased the golden goose for a while, thinking it could be possible to implement SSO with OAuth based on the below - but it seems that we would only be able to use the JIRA cloud as the authenticator for other applications, not the reverse.
Configuring OAuth authentication
You need the 'JIRA System Administrators' global permission to do that.
3 Legged OAuth is automatically configured for Application Links.2 Legged OAuth with impersonation is not available.2 Legged OAuth without impersonation is available and required for the Development Panel. Use this type to connect to Bitbucket Server and Bamboo Server.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.