We have a Server with Jira Software and Jira Service desk and we creates linked issues from service desk to our development team in jira to work on. How can we sync comments between the issues ?I know automation for jira can sync comments between linked issues in jira projects but cant get it to work between a service desk project and jira project.Tried this for jira projects "https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Adding-comments-to-linked-issues/qaq-p/859839"
Hi @Patrik Ytterström
As I remember in Automation for JIRA plugin you have checkbox to mark comment as public in 'Comment on issue' action.
It won't be available if you restrict rule to non-JSD project.
Also you have add-ons to full issues synchronization (statuses, field, comments, workflogs):
- Issue SYNC
- Backbone Issue Sync for JIRA
but in you case I think these solutions are too much.
Regards,
Sebastian
This is not what I mean, we get a ticket to a Service Desk project then we create a linked issue in our Jira project and when the customer comments on the Service Desk ticket we want the Jira ticket to receive the comments aswell. I know that https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213645/exalate-jira-issue-sync-more can do that but I thought automation for Jira could handle that aswell.
@Patrik Ytterström, you could try if the solution from this post works for you.
On a second look, it looks quite similar to the post you've mentioned.
That link you send works if its a linked issue in two jira project on the same instance.Doesnt work if its one Jira Service Desk and one Jira software project with linked issue.Getting this in the log for automation for Jira
Action details:Branch rule / related issuesNo related issues could be found.
No related issues could be found.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.