How to include time tracking epic and story and task,
under epic + story and task
Hello Koteswararao,
I understand that you are trying to sum up the time tracking of your Stories and tasks and add them to their common Linked Epic. Have I understood it correctly?
If that's what you meant, It is not possible to achieve this feature using only JIRA inbuilt features, however, the Epic Sum Up add-on give exactly what you are looking for.
Please, check if this add-on would be an option for you.
Additionally, feel free to vote and watch the feature requests below raised to add this functionality to JIRA to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates:
- Sum story points or hour estimates for any epic links
- As an Admin, I would like the Time Tracking Report to relate between the epic and its child stories
Hi Koteswara,
You can use Agile Docs to sum up logged hours of issues in your Epics.
You can also see how far along your issues are based on the progress of sub-tasks.
Opens up right inside your project dashboard.
Or, if you want a zoomed-out view of Epics only, you can uncheck "Expand All Epics”:
In addition, you can use your existing Quick Filters to locate any set of Epics you like.
Hope that helps!
This is crazy. You have the same logic for subtasks and their parents, but not for epics children. And as I can see people are requesting it since 2013... It's lack of interest from Jira's side.
Hi @Vitor Seabra ,
there are some things going on at this. Atlassian announced to deprecate some of the link types to use only the parent link so that this can be used for all connections..
But just to understand your reply: what is the benefit of using the same logic for subtasks and issue parental links?
I am asking because we want top understand the needs of Users to put support for this into Epic Sum Up.
cheers
Andreas
Hi Andreas! Thank you for responding me.
Let me explain how it is my usage:
I work with the following hierarchy: Epics > Story, Bugs, Tasks > Subtasks.
I use the Time Tracking field for its obvious purpose and it is very important for reporting here in my company and for measuring productivity.
Currently if I log some time in this field in a Subtask, it automatically sums up to the Story/Bug/Task.
So, for example, we refined a Story into 3 children subtasks. Each subtasks took 2 hours for being done, automatically the Story Time Tracking field will be recorded as 6h. This is wonderful and helps me a lot.
The point is that when I want to apply the same logic to Epics, it doesn't work. It is pretty clear the connection between the Stories/Bugs/Tasks and the Epics (they are children and parent), but for a lack of functionality, it doesn't work.
There are some apps that fulfill this room, but I have to pay them and I won't. I already pay thousands of USD monthly. I also tried implementing automations but didn't work either.
My workaround is bulk extracting all the issues into a CSV file and making the sums in a Excel sheet by myself. This is counterproductive and I guess Jira team could easily implement this. As mentioned before, it has been requested since 2013.
Still, this requires an additional payment.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.