Hi,
Hopefully, this isn't something obvious, but I've been looking around and can't find the answer. I'm also fairly new to Jira.
As someone who always works on projects with fixed end dates, I always need to know if my backlog is going to fit into the time available. So far it seems that Jira only gives time estimates and burndowns for Sprints, and not entire projects.
I have found that if I put my entire backlog into a version, the version report will give a rough total of when it thinks the project will end based on all the time estimates (I'm using days).
But. If I have Programmer 1 with 5 1-day tasks and Artist 1 with 5 1-day tasks. It says the project will finish in 10 days. Not 5 days.
Am I missing something obvious?
I know jira is based on Agile, but it seems odd to me that so many people are using it without knowing when their project will finish.
Thanks for your help