Can I customize the add issue screen on the Android app?
Hey Michael, I am the Jira Mobile Team Lead so I can give you real context about this.
The answer to your question is no. We do not have a way right now to customise the order of fields in the screen.
In Mobile we have tried to simplified as much as possible the fields that you see so you can do the creation as fast as possible.
So our logic is the following:
1) We will show you some fixed fields (summary, description, attachments, project)
2) We will then show you required fields that do not have default values.
3) All the rest of the fields would go under show more because they are not required or they have a default value.
So, can you tweak the screen knowing this? yes, sort of.
So if you put X fields as required and without a default value they will always appear expanded and being the first for you to see.
We would love to hear more of what you are trying to do , so if you want send us an email to jira-mobile@atlassian.com and explain your usecase so we can have it in mind for future developments.
Thanks for raising the question
Okay, so if I want to get some fields to display more prominently I just need to make the field required but have no default value. That seems simple enough.
I'm trying to put together a Kabana board to use for purchasing. The people using it will be less tech literate so I'm trying to make this easy for them.
yes, make them required with no default values and they will appear always and Jira will not let you create the ticket without them... So I think that is what you want
So I had some time today to work on this.
When you said "We will then show you required fields that do not have default values." Did you mean that it will show above the Show More button so long as the field is required during the issue creation?
I did create some Required fields in the Create Issue workflow for the project (see photos).
The issues are required (it won't allow me to save the issue without filling them out) but these fields don't display above the Show More line on mobile. There's also no red-asterisk indicating it's required (which is a minor issue).
Am I doing something wrong with this?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.