Is there a way to require a NEW comment when transitioning from one status to another?
Hi @Michael Arndt
You can set comment required validator on transition (link).
You must remember to add on transition screen with comment field.
Regards,
Sebastian
Will this require the user to add a comment or does it merely check to see if a comment exists.
So if a user had added a comment two weeks ago would it pass this validation?
Hi Michael
It require add comment during transition.
Hi, the link no longer work. Is there an updated link?
It seems I no longer can do this functionality in jira (natively or through script runner). Am i missing something. I would like comment to be required during transition. This is on a team managed project (not company). I am also missing functionality to require input from a user (to add a screen)
I think that on a Team Managed Project, you cannot set a screen to be shown during a transition and require a comment, that's only for company-managed. Not 100%, but almost.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.