How can I add an additional environment type to the "Environment" field? We using Jira cloud.
Thank you.
Hi Igor,
I saw that you created a ticket with our support related to the same question, so to avoid any possible misunderstandings or miscommunication that may arise from discussing the same matter in two different platforms, let's focus on the ticket instead.Once the ticket is resolved, feel free to share the resolution here to help other people that may face the same issue.
Regards,Angélica
Hello Angelica,
I am ok with it. Any ETA on the ticket resolution? No response from Support as of yet.
Thank you,Igor
I saw that they responded to the ticket on May 15 and 19. Did you receive the notification?If you didn't receive, please let me know and I'll let them know as well.You can also access the ticket through the portal:https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23
I didn't.
I saw that you added a comment on the ticket, please search for the issue key on your email to check if the notification were not marked as spam or if it was redirected to another folder.
Hello @Leonard.Chu,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
In this case, the issue was that the Environment field was empty, so it was necessary to edit the ticket and once the value was added, the field was visible.
Jira changed a lot since 2019 (when this question was posted), so on the new issue view, the field should be visible if added to the screen, even if it’s empty.
If you are using a Classic project, please, go to Project settings > Issue layout > Edit layout. If the field Environment is not under “Description fields”, then click on the Screen and add the field.
If it’s a Next-gen project, go to Project settings > Issue types > Add the field to the Issue type and Save changes. Repeat these steps for each Issue type.
Kind regards,Angélica
Hi Angélica,
Thanks for your explanation.
Could you please advise if I did something wrong below as it's still not working for me?
I have added "Environment" field from "Issue types" in Next-gen project settings. I only did it for one issue type to try.
Then I set one of the Task ticket to have Environment of Development (It's entered as free text).
Then I pushed a release which has the Jira ticket reference in commit message.
Although the deployment record was captured in Jira, it's still "Undefined Environment".
I assume it didn't work because the environment name was set to "app-slot04" in our deployment tool. But I was trying to achieve the same setup described in https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/enable-deployments/ as below.
Cheers,
Leonard
Thank you for the details, Leonard.
I tried to replicate it here, but Pipelines is not my area of expertise and I couldn’t create the same scenario to test.
I can see that you are a site administrator of a Standard site, so I would suggest for you to contact our support at support.atlassian.com/contact, so if you allow, they can access your site to check the settings.
For integration with Octopus, you need to set it up in Octopus Environment records after Jira Integration is enabled.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.