It seems as though Jira Core has a well-developed API, and Zapier offers some Jira connection options, but it seems to me that cloud-hosted Jira Core is not among them.
The option that seemed closest was to choose "Jira Software," which I tried before it became clear to me that "Jira Software" is a distinct product from "Jira Core."
Here are the steps I took attempting to connect Zapier:
- Start a new Zap
- Add a trigger app ("Jira Software") and choose a trigger (I chose "Updated Issue" as that is most likely what I hope to trigger on), then hit "Continue"
- At the "Connect an Account" step, choose "I use Jira Software Cloud" then hit, "Yes, Continue"

- At that point, I see the below error message:
You don’t have access to this app.
This application is in development - only the owner of this application may grant it access to their account.

Is it possible to get an invitation to this Zapier app? Or would an invitation ultimately not help, given that it appears that the Zapier integration is specifically developed for "Jira Software" as opposed to "Jira Core"?
Alternatively: would a self-hosted installation of Jira Core work, given that there's a separate Zapier integration for "Jira Software Server"? Or do I just need to use the "Jira Software" product instead of the "Jira Core" product in order to have the benefit of a Zapier integration?
Thank you!