I want to manage a very small set of users (3) at the project level with a Project Role. I've setup the Project Role's permissions identically to another role in the project; this other role is only for managers and can be used across Jira projects. These 3 users need the same permissions for this one project, and are not managers.
The only difference between the two role configurations is how users are managed:
- Managers uses a Jira-level Group for users - the group is added to the project's People and assigned the Project Role 'managers' - Works fine
- Non-managers is just a Project Role, with users added directly to it
--> I've also tried adding the user directly to the 'manager's ' Project Role, and he still does not get permissions.
(I'm kind of thinking I'll have to manage these users individually, adding them to the project's 'People', and then assigning them a Project Role... this would defeat the simplicity of users a project role and adding users directly to it, and Jira's documentation does not instruct this; I've verified my setup against the four streps in the instructions here.
- Create a project role called Quality Assurance.
- (Role = "AR - Service Admins")
- Create a permission scheme called Software Development, in which you assign the 'Close Issue' permission to the Quality Assurance project role.
- (Permissions Scheme = "Access Request Permission Scheme", permissions assigned listed in original ticket, include 'edit issue')
- Associate the Software Development permission scheme with all software development projects.
- "Access Request Permission Scheme" associated with project "Access Requests
- For each software development project, add the appropriate Quality Assurance people to the Quality Assurance project role.