I have a problem with [Wiki Style Renderer] for the field 'Comment'. There is improper rendering of things like {code}...{code} and {noformat}...{noformat} and 'HTML' when I add a comment to an issue in a browser on Windows 10, but works fine in the JIRA Android app. I have verified via Windows browser -> JIRA admin -> Manage Apps that the Wiki Renderer Macros Plugin has 8 of 8 modules enabled.
I can edit the comment in the Android app and only in there do I see that a backslash '\' has been inserted right before the '{' of the "{code}" or other tag. That backslash escapes the '{' and thus causes the renderer to ignore the tag and instead display it as plain text. Why is JIRA adding that '\' and how do I get it to stop?
To be clear, if I type "{noformat} *no format* {noformat}" in a comment in the Windows browser (Firefox and Chrome, didn't test others), this is what appears in the comment:
{noformat} *no format* {noformat}
and that is also what appears when I edit it in Windows browser, but \{noformat} *no format* \{noformat}" appears if I edit it in the Android app. This is what appears when I view that same comment in the Android app:
{noformat} no format {noformat}
If I type "{noformat} *no format* {noformat}" in a comment in the JIRA app, this is what appears in the app, noting that this is the correct, expected behavior:
no format
Please let me know if there is a way to disable the silent and undesired adding of a backslash by atlassian.net JIRA in browsers. I can't ask my whole team to exclusively use the JIRA app for posting code snippets in comments.