As a project manager using JIRA Cloud, I want the ASSIGNEE field to default to "Unassigned" when I create an issue so that I can assign it to a user at a later time.
Unfortunately I don't have "Roles."
That is generally how it works OOTB. How is the Assignee being made? It may be that you have it defaulting to the project lead?
Thank you.
It is "Automatic" and automatically assigns to the overall system admin unless I change it in the drop-down. I am an admin, but do not have full sysadmin privileges. Can I change the "Automatic" to assign to "Unassigned?"
Go to your Project Settings > Roles >Edit Defaults. If you have chosen Project lead as a default assignee, change it to unassigned.
This should solve your issue.
If you are the admin for your project, yes you can change automatic to unassigned. Yoo do not need sys admin access for change in your project alone. I am not sure how your instance is set up but my recommendation would be that you change it only for your project. Even better, if you can test it out in your QA instance first.
Thank you - see below. I don't have access to Project>Project Settings>Roles. Is there a way around that?
I am not sure what version/instance of Jira you have and I am not sure I can help without looking at how it is setup. Is there a way you can reach out to who ever helped you create the project? I see a term called "people" in your screenshot - Can you see if that has any assignments? Another spot I would check would be under Permissions
I discovered yesterday that the ability to assign "unassigned" as the default exists under Project Settings>Details in JIRA Cloud. Problem solved
Thanks!
There is no "Roles" on my interface?
the same...no Roles
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.