basically I want to know through JQL all issues that are due in coming 7 days. any leads?
Use the simple search engine and select your options
Then, if you select the Advanced option, you will see how it translates into JQL.
In my example it was:
project = DMP AND due <= 7d
More about comparing fields with operators can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-operators-reference-764478341.html
due >= startOfDay() AND due <= 7d
Hey @pragati bhatia ,
"due <= 7d" will show every issue due in the upcoming 7 days and overdue ones. Try the following JQL for a range between today and the next 7 days.
With that being said, it is always a good option to try the simple search first and adjust the resulting JQL like @Bogdan Gorka explained.
Regards
Thanks @Merve Nur Bas I have learnt something too.
To exclude overdue issues I would normally use due >= "0" AND due <= 7d but I am not sure if the the "0" means start of the day or the moment the JQL is executed. So, to be 100% sure, it is better to use startOfDay().
More about avanced search functions can be found here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/advanced-searching-functions-reference-765593719.html
@Bogdan Gorka Thanks this solved my problem. I was getting overdue issues as well when I used @Merve Nur Bas suggestion.
this works well for me
Happy to help. Please use the green button Accept Answer so others know that this solution worked for you :-)
This ended up working for me
due <= startOfDay() OR due <= 7d
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.