One of my former clients used Epics as a repository for all bugs related to that Epic. To create a new bug, a user goes to the Epic, clicks the + button, and the bug data entry page is displayed as a modal overlay over the Epic. The user enters the bug, and then its summary field (and a few other fields) are displayed in a list on the Epic page of all bugs in that Epic.
I'm working with a new client now and they want the same thing, but I'm not sure how to set that up. What do I need to do to an Epic so that it displays a list of all bugs in that Epic and allows users to enter new bugs directly from the Epic page?
Sorry if this is "JIRA 101," but I'm stumped and since I don't have full Admin permissions on the new client's JIRA, I have to request these changes and I'm not sure what to request, as the client's JIRA administrator doesn't seem to know what I'm talking about.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!