Hello.
I have a problem with my Jira-Core and Confluence installations.
I installed both on a Windows 2012 R2 (standard installation). Confluence uses the user management of Jira. Both were running fine on default ports 8080 and 8090.
Now I have an IIS running as reverse proxy and SSL endpoint. The IIS is configured for https://tools.mydomain.com. Jira and Confluence should be accessible via context path ( .../jira and .../confluence). IIS and both applications were configured as described in this arcticle.
Now, when I open /jira I can login but I see Gadget errors ("gadget.common.error.500") on the main page. Updating the base URL did not solve the problem. When I link Jira to Confluence it shows me some details of the Confluence instance (like the page name) but also shows an error "There is a problem communicating directly between these two applications...". When I'm redirected to the Confluence instance it is not possible to login using credentials from the shared User Management.
When I open /confluence I cannot login at all. It seems that Confluence cannot access Jira anymore although both systems are still running on the same machine. This way I even cannot update the base URL in Confluence nor setup the application link between the two instances.
What do I need to do that Jira doesn't show these Gadget errors and that it is possible to login to Confluence (do I need a dedicated admin account for Confluence?)?
Thanks!
Björn