Hi,
I could not find panel macro in my Confluence page,
Is it missing or need to make available from somewhere else?
You can find the panel macro in the Confluence editor, choose Insert > Other Macros. Additional information can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/panel-macro-724765265.html
Hello Brant,
I could not find panel macro...
I have the same problem, was this answered?
Support team said, that "Panel macro has been removed as part of our plan of making new editor better and lighter."...
Atlassian is removing desired and good working features to make lighter and poor editor. It's called downgrade. With new editor they removed many nice features.
And their are many documentation, which are outdated.
Please reinstate the panel macro. We have created entire confluence space templates and stamped them out to hundreds of sites throughout our organisation. This will set us back many man months of effort.
Please add the standard panel back. Frustrating when you're trying to do something and can't find it, now I know why.
Also, the new "info", "note" macro, how do I give it a title? That seems to be missing too.
Truly awful decision to remove the panel macro. Like many other people it a great way to visualise content and now everything is floating around the page without any structure. Please put it back.
Please consider upvoting this feature request! https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-67825
Just add a table and remove all but one row and column
If confluence doesn't decide to revive the panel macro, they should at least give the option to have a colour on the border of the table.
you can change the color of the table?
I also miss the panel macro RIP
@Jonathan Bissell Yes, you can but sometimes you just want to change the border color
The panel option was very useful.
Confluence team, please revive it or provide an alternative way of doing the same thing with some other macro.
I hate that this is the only real solution right now.
I really would appreciate to have this macro back it is so useful for better overview
It's amazing they claimed they are practicing Agile which focuses on Customer concerns more, but then they remove the Panel macro (that is used by many people) with no consultation to their customers before removing it. Very impressive!!!
For formatting purposes, I just put my table of contents into a two row (one of them being a header row), one column table. Works okay for now.
I really despise the new table feature.
This is a downgrade from what we had. Please bring Panels back, it makes a huge different for visualization of the page.
Please bring back the Panel macro!
Please bring back the Panel Macro!
Upvoted
me too ;-)
Really awful to completely break the editing experience like this and then make your users "vote" for "features" so existing pages/templates work properly.
It's even worse because everyone has to upgrade in the next months because work on the old editor seems to have stopped. Bugs are just accumulating there and it will eventually be so broken that you'll have no choice but to use the new editor.
Couldn't agree more 😡
I'm taking the Atlassian course "Confluence Content Management," which mentions the info, warning, and tip macros. I've been searching for these macros mentioned in the course but haven't been able to find them and now I see why.
Atlassian needs to update their courses when products have changed. I'm glad I found this thread.
Editing existing pages is even worse. You can copy an existing panel but not change anything about it.
It also isn't possible to insert code blocks in the new "info" style panels either. If you try then it inserts it after the panel.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.