So I manage a Human Resource department and every time we hire some we have about 40 tasks that have to get done.Is there anyway to create groups of tasks or reusable story templates?
I do this very thing for our staffing and on boarding. However, you need addons. I use Automation for Jira and Issue Checklist Pro. The way that I have it set up is once the hire is made I automatically create three other tasks one for IT one for HR and one for the hiring manager. Each of these has checklists.
You could also try cloning the issue which can clone the sub-tasks, but the @Jack Brickey's approach would be much better if it is an option. When you clone an issue, all the sub-tasks get CLONE prepended to the name and with 40 tasks, that would be a lot of renaming.
Hi Michael,
You can also use our cloud app Deep Clone for Jira to work with reusable story templates.
In order to make it work you would have to:
It's also possible to Move them directly to other Jira projects while cloning.
I'll definitely look into those. Thanks for the tip. Do you by chance use any non Jira software to manage your HR departments? Like BambooHR?
I do not. Haven’t heard of BambooHR but will have a look. Ultimately we may get a full HRM e.g. Workday or similar. In which case part of our staffing solution will like move to the HRM.
I know BambooHR is highly recommend. We're going to look into it along with a few others. There's a bunch listed under HRIS on Capterra.com.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.