Hi,
I'm looking at setting up an external Service desk for our customers, with a Confluence KB tied to it.
Since I want this to be exclusive to our customers, I assume I must set the Global Customer Permissions to not allow customers to create accounts themselves.
I want them to either access the portal or contact us by sending an email to support@xx.atlassian.net
My problem is how to manage this. How do I easily:
1. Create the customers that I already know should have access?
The solutions I have seen with Customers and Organizations are really clunky. Most of our customers are in Salesforce. Any way of transferring those into a Project?
2. Manage any new customers?
Let's say a new support technician joins one of our customers. If he sends an email to support@xx.atlassian.net that email never reaches us if he's not already on our list (at least, that's what happened when I tried myself). I would like that email to reach us so we can set up a queue or similar for incoming tickets from unknown sources. Or perhaps that Atlassian could auto-respond saying "Looks like you're not a registered customer. Click here (link) to request access". Better yet if we could add a domain so that any email from a trusted domain, e.g. @brianstechsupport.com, should be set up as a new user.
Same goes with the portal. If I do not allow customers to create accounts themselves, they can reach my login page, but they cannot request access in any way. I would like to have a "Not registered with us? Click here (link) to request access"
I hope someone has had similar issues. Hoping there's a solution I haven't thought of. Any help is appreciated.