How do I get the EPIC NAME on the ISSUE WINDOW (See screenshot)?
Do you mean the Epic Link? The new issue view is a bit of a challenge for sure. Go to project settings > issue layout. Edit the layout for the issuetype in question, it appears to be Task here. Check for available fields and drag over.
EPIC NAME or something similar isn't available, either as a SECONDARY FIELD or PREVIOUSLY REQUESTED FIELD.
When you click on VIEW ISSUE in an email notification, you don't have a clue what EPIC it belongs to. You shouldn't have to pad the Issue Name with the EPIC NAME just for usability.
Barry,
i'm not following completely. Let me try to assist further w/ some examples, etc.
I configured this to be in my detailed issue view in the manner I mentioned previously.
In your last comment you introduced the idea of the email notification. If you are trying to include the Epic in the email notification. TBH I have not looked into this. You might consider an addon such as Email This Issue, if indeed you are wanting the Epic included in the notification.
It's not within the EMAIL notification that I want this. When our users get an email notification of a new comment on an issue they are watching. They click on the VIEW ISSUE link, and are taken to a view which does not contain the EPIC NAME. four letters and a number is not something you can instantly translate to a real name.
I've just realised that I can hover over the EPIC LINK, which does reveal the EPIC NAME, but you should be able to have the actual EPIC NAME list in this view. Do you know how?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.