When using the REST API to create an Issue (Story type) via a Post request , if I supply an empty value for the Assignee field, like this:
"assignee": {"name": ""}the Story is created with no Assignee and the Reporter set as me (the person who is currently running the connection session).
However, if I supply an empty value for the Reporter field too, like this:
"assignee": {"name": ""}
"reporter": {"name": ""}the API rejects the request with a general 400 Bad Request error.
I need to provide a value for the Reporter field, like this:
"assignee": {"name": ""}
"reporter": {"name": "person@mycompany.com"}for the story to be created, the Reporter set as someone, and no Assignee.
Is there a reason why the Assignee field value can be supplied as empty but not the Reporter field. Why can't the API ignore the empty Reporter field and apply me as the Reporter, as the default