In my project, I have added Sub-Task as an issue type and in the old view I used to be able to select it and create a new case with that issue type in my normal screens. In the new view, when I click the plus sign to create a case, Sub-Task no longer shows in my list of selectable issue types. The only way to create a sub task is through the icons in the new view.
The problem this causes is that the person entering the sub-task has no way to assign that case to themselves on creation. The case auto-assigns to the owner of the project and is creating much unwanted email. The user is creating the sub-task because for them, this is the running list of work they need to complete for the full issue.
Please tell me what I'm missing or how to get this functionality back! The extra emails are annoying.