Hi, someone mistakenly deleted a field and I was wondering if there's any way to rollback to the version prior this change
If they have truly deleted the field, no, the only way back is to restore from a backup and merge the deleted data back into your system (or roll back to the point the backup was taken and lose any data entered since)
If they have just removed the field from a screen, or hidden it in field configuration, then you can just put it back.
I know you can't with the server version. I doubt cloud has it either. The only option for deletion, including issues, is to restore a backup. However, that will over write the current data. At least with issues you can restore to new instance and export to csv the issue and import it into the production system.
Thanks guys, How do I know if I have a backup in the cloud version to restore it?
Ask all your admins if they have recently taken a backup - it's a manual process you have to trigger for yourself if you want a backup.
I am the admin
Ah, and as you didn't know that backups need to be done this way, I guess you have not got one.
I'm afraid you will need to recreate the field manually, and then do something about re-filling it with assumed values.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.