Hi,
i would like to migrate/upgrade the Windows OS of Jira and Confluence, what is the best way to achieve this without Jira/ Confluence configuration impact?
grtz
Hi @Rachid Amajoud ,
Jira&Conf are java application and should be platform independent. It may be worth paying attention to the permissions on Windows and check that tomcat has permission on JIRA_HOME.
What database is used? I think You need find recommendation from DB vendors.
Also changing URL might affect on attachments. If your new server will be at the same URL it should work fine.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-articles/Upgrade-Best-Practices/ba-p/932563
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/system-requirements-126517514.html
hi Андрей Жидков,
thx for your reply!
We are still using a postgreDB.
But do you recommend a migration or an upgrade of the Windows OS?
R.
IMHO: I prefer migration.
In any case I recommended keep one working instance.
In migration case You will clone application-data/DB to new instance and make smoke test then change DNS to new instance. Downtime old instance depend on size of data and clone time. If some wrong You just up old instance.
In case upgrade I recommend make clone of the current instance and try upgrade of clone.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started/installation-and-upgrade
B.R.
thx for your advice!
Rachid
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.