We use the Remaining Estimate field to track the work left for a story.
When I view this field in the Issue Navigator field (from the Release page) the Remaining Estimate is NOT correct because it ignores all of the Remaining Work for the subtasks.
See the two attachments. For this ticket, the sub-tasks add up to 2w 3d (2 weeks, 3 days), which the ticket itself shows as correct.
When I look at the same ticket in Issue Navigator it shows 0 minutes.
Both the ticket and Issue Navigator are using the Remaining Estimate field.
I have 2 used cases, both of which don't work because of this:
- I am embedding a query that includes this ticket in a Confluence page so I can easily report out on the status of all the work in a Release. The problem is that it shows no Remaining Work for this ticket, when in fact there's a considerable amount of work remaining. I do this by inserting the Macro Jira Issue/Filter.
- I export (from the Issue Navigator page) this data to help determine a release date (by totaling the amount of Work Remaining) for a team that hasn't yet established a consistent velocity. When this tickets shows up with 0 minutes left that's a big problem when the work is actually 2 weeks, 3 days.
Anybody see any issues with what I'm doing that would cause this? It's very easy to duplicate if you have tickets with subtasks.