For instance, I have a Story ticket in JIRA. And I have linked bunched of other tickets to that Story.
If I were to extract those tickets linked to the Story, how can I do that?
Hello,
I hope you are having a nice day.
You can extract linked issues from a specific story in several formats, like CSV, XML, RSS, etc by performing the steps below:
- Navigate to your search issues page (Issue navigator)
- Type the following filter, where ABC-123 is the Issue-key of the Story you want to extract the linked issues from:
issue in linkedIssues(ABC-123)
- Run the filter to confirm it is returning the Stories you want and save it
- Click on the download button to select one of the export options:
Let me know if it works for you.
It works for me. Thank you Petterson.
Another question though, how it would work if I have a two or more JIRA tickets in linkedissues?
You are welcome!
Answering your new question, if you need to specify more issues in the linkedissues parameter, you would need to add the query again followed by the OR operator. For example:
issue in linkedIssues(ABC-123) or issue in linkedIssues(DEF-456)
You are not able to add another issue under the same parameter because it consider any string added after the first issue key as the defined Link type that you want to return. For example
issue in linkedIssues(ABC-123, "Blocked By")
The query above will return all the issues linked to ABC-123 with the link type Blocked By.
Let me know if this information helps.
Thanks again Petterson for swift response. Very much appreciated! It's all good now.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.