It seems to only have effected our most recent sprint.
We are using Jira provided time tracking. Our Devs log their time on each issue. When we estimate each issue, we add it in Estimated time field AND time remaining.
Is there anything that changed in Jira recently that could have caused the report to miscalculate the remaining hours in a given sprint?
In my report, it shows approx. 55+ hours left, but Not Completed issues only add up to 25 hours remaining: https://drive.google.com/a/dynamo-media.com/file/d/189Mf13kcawX2siH4ncoz2TYyba3qjPEf/view?usp=drivesdk
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance!
Hi @Andrew
can you publish the table that you see under the sprint report?
Hope this is enough, I am posting the Not Complete section
https://drive.google.com/a/dynamo-media.com/file/d/1wpC_F72RF8ibLRTQ17vNih248oEi7Ka8/view?usp=drivesdk
you can also check the burndown chart, where the table is much more detailed. Probably some of the tickets were modified after completing the sprint, or the scope was modified, etc. Probably some of the cases are not supported properly.
Moreover, Jira UI is as always a little bit messy. For example, I do not know how you achieved to get 'Estimated time' in your table. I can only have 'Original Time Estimate' there.
The burndown chart, unfortunately, shows the same info.
The scope was changed during the sprint, but most of our sprints, we end up getting a couple of immediate issues and we have to push a couple of issues to the next sprint. But I always remove the same amount of estimated time we are adding.
What I find strange, is that, we've been doing this for 1.5 years, and the reports have always shown the correct burndown.. we didn't do anything differently this sprint.
Ya Jira settings can be a little convoluted in my opinion.. we are using a built in Field called Estimated Time and the Field Time Tracking (can find both of these in Field Configurations)
and in Board Settings: https://drive.google.com/a/dynamo-media.com/file/d/1cKtLedtAIy57cHyl4v288CljHAsvCoTh/view?usp=drivesdk
This all could be caused by my setup.. but as far as I know, nothing has changed from one sprint to the next..
Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.