In JIRA Cloud, locked fields such as "Epic Name" cannot be unlocked nor modified by anyone on the client's side if I'm not mistaken.
Thing is I just got a new JIRA Cloud instance setup earlier this month where Epic Name (locked field) is not available to ANY issue type, even epics! Epic link field on the contrary is still available to all issue types (but all epic links are now like "Unnamed - Keyxxx", "Unnamed - Keyzzz", quite weird)
I do have another (older) JIRA Cloud instance where Epic Name (locked field there also) is available to the Epic issue type, which seems the usual config when I browse the Atlassian confluence pages and print screens.
I would prefer both cloud instances to have the same configuration on locked stuff, and it seems so strange to have "Unnamed" everywhere around. Are all new JIRA cloud instances working that way?