Hi All
I've found a couple of posts in here which offered suggestions but have not be able to get the solutions offered to work for my situation, so i'm now here asking after struggling with this problem all day.
Our setup...
We are using Tempo for timesheeting by individuals.
Our finance department run a report on Jira Project "Timesheet Tracking" where business/IT projects are assigned as tasks within the board and tracked as To Do, In Progress, Done.
Employees log time against these individual tasks or via linked child tasks in other Jira Projects. EG: TT-1 might have a child task called EG-1 in project EG and UserA has logged time against EG-1.
Additionally we have in some projects, tasks/stories under epics, with the epic linked to the TT code. EG: TT-1 has a child of EG-1 which is an epic with child EG-2 which is a story.
What I'm trying to get working, either using default Jira or Scriptrunner, is a report that shows total time worked on the TT tasks (NOT INDIVIDUAL) which rolls up the time logged against all children levels. This is so finance can have a real view of all the time logged against a TT code.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to achieve this or a better way of doing this?
I have entered the company with the process already established and hoping that I can reduce some work for the finance team through targeted reporting.