Found an article about it for Server, but not for Cloud instance.
Here is the article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-upload-custom-priority-icons-in-jira-788961156.html?_ga=2.73998674.1521508365.1553526015-1966920985.1506952581
Tried for Cloud- always get an 500 error.
Hello Natalia,
I hope you are having a nice day.
The steps to upload a new icon to priorities in JIRA Cloud are basically the same provided in the Server documentation:
- Upload the image to an online public path that your JIRA can access
- Navigate to JIRA Settings > Issues > Priorities > Click to edit a priority
- Click Select image > Paste the Icon URL path > Update
- Check the icon displayed in your priority:
For more information about it, check the Section Adding, editing, and deleting a priority in the documentation below:
- Configuring statuses, resolutions, and priorities
Let me know if this information helps.
hi @Petter Gonçalves
It did help. Thank you very much!
You are welcome!
Have a nice week ahead and let us know if you have any new questions.
I'm finding that the icon doesn't render correctly when I'm looking at an issue. See attached. Any suggestions?
Hi @Petter Gonçalves
I am have the same problem as @Natasha Denny . Image renders successfully in priority screen, but not on issues or boards. This is on cloud. Any suggestions?
Thank you!
I am having the same issue. I would like to use the default priority icons from the server version (chevrons, not arrows), but they are not available in the Cloud. I tried uploading them as you described, but they do not render correctly on a board. Please help!
@Jenny Suter
I found a solution to this - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-can-I-add-a-custom-priority-icon/qaq-p/1650510
You need to view the ticket with the image attachments under Jira's "old view". This allows you to grab the correct image URL when you click on the attachment. That link should work correctly and show the correct image when uploaded. Hope this helps!
Thank you @[deleted]I used the same advice. Thank you for posting here. I should have done that when I solved the problem!
Hi all,
I don't have the Old Jira view anymore; therefore, how does one get a new image into the Edit Priority Icon URL field?
I have tried the following to no avail:
Next, I have done the following to extract a URL from the image:
Note: I get the same weird URL if I open the request in JIRA and click on the image, which opens full screen, then right-click and copy the Image URL.
The most frustrating part of this ordeal is that I've uploaded unique images in the past when I was still running the old JIRA view and was able to right-click on the image, copy the IMAGE URL, and paste it into the field mentioned above, and it worked. I don't have that luxury now as I am on the new version.
Any help will be much appreciated.
At the very least I would expect Atlassian to have addressed this issue by now.
Kind regards.
Mike
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.