I create a Text Field (read only) field and use it in a project. I should be only able to change the field via code. However I can still edit the field via the edit screen. What is wrong for me? How to make it truly read only?
Hi @Travis Tai , Welcome to the community.
Remove the field from the CREATE and EDIT screens and put the field in VIEW screen only.
Thanks,Ram.
It may works, but what is the point for creating a field with read only option?
Perhaps it may be reading in a Date Time stamp from another application. Which is what I'm trying to do, but when I remove it from Edit, it removes the field from Create and View.
Hi,
I have exact the same issue, if I remove the field from any screen → it is removed from all (VIEW, EDIT, CREATE)
Anyone know how to achieve the read-only field without doing any shenanigans?
This should be a basic functionality of custom fields...
I got this to work using Script Runner, and did these steps:
More info: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/behaviours-overview.html
Project: EXAMPLE
Custom Field: Required Fix Date
Issue Type used: Bug
This field is to be read-only written from EXAMPLE project.
Set up:
Go to Applications → Manage Apps → Behaviours (Left Nav bar)
SAVE
Hi Tad,
thank you very much for posting your solution with the howto guide.
I'll try to set the behaivour as you had and fiddle with it a little.
Cheers, Ondrej
Hi All - I'm trying to do the same thing, whereby I want to have a calculated field to be read-only. I understand what I've read here, regarding having a read-only "View" screen, but my question is about the documentation linked above. That link refers to data center and server. When I read documentation for cloud it looks like "The Default Screen is used for the default issue operations for creating, editing or viewing an issue." This makes me think that with the cloud version, the Default screen is what we have to use for creating, viewing, and editing...and it isn't possible to separate these.
Am I mistakenly thinking that there's a difference between cloud and on-prem with regard to making a custom field read-only?
I am having the same issue in JIRA Software Cloud. Was there a solution on this?
In this case I would use a ScriptRunner Calculated field.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.