I need to create some new projects in my company and i'm wondering if i should create them in Nex-Gen or classic, depending if classic is going to disappeared at one point or not.
Hi Cyril - Welcome to the Community!
Lots of speculation out there. Here is another thread, but it, too, is based on opinion.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Will-JIRA-classic-projects-eventually-be-phased-out/qaq-p/1036064
I tend to agree with it, but have not seen anything official from Atlassian that I remember.
don't be concerned w/ this happening and certainly not at the expense of making the right project template decision now. If NG ever replaces classic it will be a long time away AND Atlassian will have to provide a clean migration process for the classic or simply allow them to live on.
Thanks, we really like the Jira Classic in my company and so we are going to continue to work with it.
Us, too. :-)
March 31 2021, they are going to replace it. Petition Atlassian now.
Hi Ethan, could you share your source for this claim?
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/what-is-the-new-jira-issue-view/
Hi @Ethan V. , thanks for sharing. However, I don't see a reference to moving away from Classic projects. What I see is the plan to cease support for the old issue view in favor of the new issue view. Maybe I missed it??
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.