New to Jira Software and trying to setup my workflows and possibly migrating habits from MS Project.. Lets say I have a request from sales to provide estimate on a custom mod for a client.
I have a KanBan board with a workflow that indicates its In Progress , Estimate Provided, Estimate Completed.
I have configured a Story that may read "Estimate XXXX - Customer #" and beneath that created two sub-tasks ( could be 10 ). "Programming Estimate" and "QA Estimate".
The thought was grouping the actual work items under the single story would be proper / easier to track if we had a larger list of tasks but it seems that is not necessarily the case. I read documentation where you can link them and handle the estimate rollup etc but if the programmer and the QA person move their tasks in the workflow, the parent gets left behind. After a few hours of searching documentation and reading articles on the "Old" Jira vs "next-Gen" I figured id seek direction from the user base. Can anyone provide any guidance here and "Don't bother with parent tasks in Jira" is an acceptable answer if there isn't really any functionality there.