So when I create a detailed issue through the "+" button on the left I can't add it to an Epic. Only after I created it. I think it would be a nice little feature
Hello Nándor,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
On JIRA Next-Gen, you are correct to say that the Epic-Link field is not visible in any of the issue screens (Create/Edit/View).
In fact, we agree with you that this feature would be great to provide the customers with the possibility to link Stories to Epics directly from the Story side, so we created the following suggestion:
- As a Jira Software user, I want to be able to add existing stories to epics in Next-Gen (Agility) projects from the issue view
Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.
Let me know if you still have any questions.
That Suggestion doesn't apply to the Create screen though, which is what everyone's recent comments are about. Is there a new Suggestion specific to the Create screen being able to add issues directly to Epics?
Exactly! When will this feature be added. This is one of the main reasons why I would not use the next gen project - the whole point is to easily manage roadmaps and epics for all your issues.
We definitely would like to have this feature - we would like to be able to trigger notifications by epic to specific slack channel, but because they also require some sort of action trigger (like create issue), they won't work because the epic can only be added after the issue is created and the actions that trigger the integration don't include being added to parent epic or ticket is edited.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.