H!
So we just created a new custom field, and we want this field to be added to every new project by default.
I can't find how to do this (however this sounds like a pretty basic need?)
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!
Laurent
@Laurent DuBerger When you create a custom field in JIRA, and do not configure its context for a specific project and/or issue type, it is by default available globally for all issues in all projects. But to display and use this field in all projects, you need to add this custom field to the relevant screens used for create, edit, and view operations for all those projects.
Hope it helps !
Thanks for the quick answer @Taranjeet Singh !
The ideal use case would be:
- I create a new classic project
- That custom field is already there and I have nothing else to do
From your answer though, I understand it's not possible to add the new custom field to all new projects by default. We need to add it manually every time we create a new project, correct?
Thanks a lot!
Yes, you are right, you need to add the custom fields manually to the screens of each newly created project in JIRA.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.