Hi,
I have a Project, let's call it PROJECT A.
In PROJECT A i created 2 boards:
SCRUM BOARD (scrum type)
KANBAN BOARD (kanban type)
Each of them have a filter to separate issues.
I need a new column exclusively for this KANBAN BOARD.
So I went to KANBAN BOARD, dots in the top-right corner, board settings, columns, add column and added COLUMN4.
Jira decided to create not only a column but a new status (other than to do, in progress, done) for all the issues in the project, let's call it STATUS4
So now i have COLUMN4 in KANBAN BOARD, and STATUS4 (which I don't want) across all PROJECT A, even on the other board.
Now I wanto to delete this new STATUS4 from my PROJECT A.
I went to project, project settings, workflows, -pencil- under actions, click on STATUS4, "remove status" on the right.
It says: "Statuses can't be removed from active workflows
You can only remove statuses from inactive workflows. To start with this workflow and remove statuses, make a copy of it which will be inactive. You can assign it to the project when you're happy with it."
So I went to Jira settings\workflow schemes\PROJECT A WORKFLOW SCHEME -> copy.
It created COPY OF PROJECT A WORKFLOW SCHEME.
Now, if I go in Jira settings\workflow schemes, COPY OF PROJECT A WORKFLOW SCHEME is inactvie
If i click edit in COPY OF PROJECT A WORKFLOW SCHEME, there is no way to have the same edit I saw just one minute ago, no diagram, no text, only wierd things like "issue types" "add workflow" "marketplace blabla".
If I go in Jira settings\workflow (no workflow schemes, only workflow) i see that COPY OF PROJECT A WORKFLOW SCHEME is now active, I see that is assigned to PROJECT A WORKFLOW
If i click edit on the right I can only edit PROJECT A WORKFLOW SCHEME and not COPY OF PROJECT A WORKFLOW SCHEME.
Now this is the messiest thing I seen in my whole life in every software, and I can't manage to delete this STATUS4 in any way, even following all the documentation.
Please help me if you can.
Thank you.
Alessio.