I keep getting the error "Unfortunately JIRA couldn't connect to the mail server. Here is what the mail server said: "[AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid credentials (Failure)" Check out our troubleshooting docs for help resolving the issue." despite following all the instructions and making their changes to the email account and yet it still fails
Before anyone advises that I'm entering the wrong details I can 100% assure you that I am as when I don't enter the app specific password I get this error "Unfortunately JIRA couldn't connect to the mail server. Here is what the mail server said: "[ALERT] Application-specific password required: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833 (Failure)" Check out our troubleshooting docs for help resolving the issue."
So I know that JIRA and the Gmail account are talking but despite deletion of the app specific password and recreating it. As well as enabling less secure apps to work with the account and ensured that I approved it I still can not get JIRA and the Gmail address to connect for the project incoming email address.
I have seen the question that has previously been raised for this issue and unfortunately I can not see how the issue was resolved and require some assistance to fix this problem please
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Unable-to-connect-to-Gmail-Google-Apps-for-custom-email-address/qaq-p/757449