So I have two scenarios and am trying to figure out which one is best...
1 - Set up a single Project and have 3 different boards for each team that are working off a single backlog. I like this scenario as there is only one backlog, one list of epics and versions to manage and one ticket number to reference. In the past I have had to do bulk changes, which generates a new ticket number when it is moved from board to board.
2 - Set up 3 different Projects that have their own respective board and backlog. This is the traditional way I have been running it, but my reports are skewed due to tickets not officially being "done" and just remaining in a placeholder column (i.e, Send to Test) in preparation to move to the next team.
Here are the deciding factors...
- I would like to track each team's velocity, burndown, etc separately. Each ticket will be re-estimated once it moves from board to board.
- I would like to set up a workflow/rule that when a ticket gets to a certain column/swimlane (i.e, Send to Test) that it migrates to the Test backlog and/or board (not sure if this functionality is available - I know there is the rule to assign it to a person once it hit a column, but not sure if it will move or migrate for you as well?!)
Any help would be appreciated.