I have read through a few dozen articles here ... but I still haven't been able to resolve my page permission problems.
My goal is: "Set all pages to 'view & comment only' for everyone, and then allow a few people 'edit' permissions to a particular page."
My "Space settings | Permissions" are set to:
- Groups | Administrators = [everything is green checkmarks]
- Groups | Confluence-users = "All/View" & "Comments/Add" are the only green checks
- Ind. Users | Me = [everything is green checkmarks]
I create a new sub page. The permissions start as "Unrestricted/No Restrictions" and it says "Everyone can view and edit this page."
- This is clearly not true, because everyone can View but no one (but me) can Edit.
- But I get it. "From a certain Atlassian logic/perspective" it works the way it was intended even though it is opposite the way I originally understood it.
- Crazy - but OK. I get it.
Now I want to allow certain people to have Edit permissions for that sub-page.
- I click the "lock" icon
- Change from "No Restrictions" to "Editing Restrictions"
- Add the user "Bob" as "Can Edit" and click Apply
Yet, Bob still does not have the "Click here to Edit" pencil icon after he refreshes his view of that sub-page.
What am I doing/understanding incorrectly?
Thanks for your help!