- I'm using JIRA Next Gen, Cloud
- I have JQL that filters stories
- I select the Epic Link and Epic Name attributes as columns in the output
- Both columns are blank
There are a number of blogs out there complaining about this as a missing feature, including users returning to JIRA Classic due to lack of features like this one.
I also notice a number of Atlasian Product Managers claiming that this is not a top-ranked feature, hence asking for patience. I find this a bit lame since I've been using Epic Links for years; the fact is, this is a feature that everyone assumes would be there and did not even think of telling you about its importance.
I'm a patient fellow, created a custom text field to add the Epic Link manually, and will live with it for a while, but not long! I'm sure you do not want me showing this to prospective new users!
I'm also a software engineer and know full well that if you can provide me a list of an epic's children, the reverse trip should not be rocket science.
Looking forward to this feature!